Still no internet !!@@##$
Well things are going smoother now that I have got the hang of things. I already gave my presentation. You're right Alex, doing it first was a good idea. I am now just really behind in all my readings.
I am kinda liking my OB rotation. Its kinda fun to see happy pregnant people. They have the weirdest cravings, and ask funny questions: like "Dr. Is it alright that I eat ice?, because I like to eat a lot of ice." I'm getting the hang of writing OB soap notes they're kinda different from FM, IM notes. I'm gradually getting better at presentations too. I'm just doggone tired. Man I wake up at 5am and start rounds at 6am then my day ends at 6pm. Man thats 12 hrs a day x 5 days a week. Its been so hard adjusting from the student lifestyle of daily napping and sleeping in until 8 or 9 am.
Today is also my birthday!!! Happy Birthday to me!!! I got a call from my mom during clinic and she left me a cute message. Things I have learned recently.
1. Less is more. For example someone was told by the Ob/dept head to talk less, to write less detail soap notes. This person should just get to the point when talking & writing.
2. Keep a peripheral brain- Keep notes in my pocket to refer to...diabetes, prenatal labs ordered, examples of notes.
3. Score points with attendings by researching & learning the diseases of your patients as much as possible.
4. People see fakeness quickly, the gunner student was quickly shot down by the dept head refer to #1.
Until next time...Let me know what you guys want me to write about.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
LOL. Glad the gunner got what was coming =)
I am starting to think my family med rotations has pretty nice hours compared to other people.
Also, I need to keep a cheat sheet of which blog is written by which girl. I get confused easily...
bgetter, when you see "crescendo," think "music" and "melody" and I'm easy to remember =)
My problem was I kept looking at the title of the blog - aka - The Daily Schizophrenic or Let the Dream begin...
But I will start checking the names of writers instead of blog titles. Crescendo is easy to associate with the resident musician of our group, even for my slow-to-learn brain.
Another tidbit to help remember my title: "Let the dream begin" is a line from the song "The Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera (love that musical)
Sorry if we're flooding your comment board, schizotypal =)
Happy belated birthday! I enjoyed reading your blogs! Have you delivered any placentas lately?
Post a Comment