The day of match, I recieved 2 emails from CCF. One from an intern sending congrats and sending out his email, phone number and stuff to all the new incoming interns (me). From this list everyone has emailing each other a group of 20 of us brief introductions of themselves.
That start like this: "Hi Everyone, my name is [Schizophrenia] I am 25. I grew up in Houston. I graduated from the Univ of Texas at Austin, and attended UNT for med school in DFW. In my spare time I enjoy sunsets and long walks on the beach...to that extent. I don't know anything about living in the North, or how to deal with snow. I am excited to hear about you guys and to meet you in June."
Here is what I really wanted to say. "My name is [Schizophrenia] I am 25. I grew up in Houston. I graduated from the Univ of Texas at Austin, and attended UNT for med school in DFW. In my spare time I enjoy SLEEPING, EATING, SURFING THE INTERNET, WATCHING TV/MOVIES. I am actually now dreading to move up North because its so COLD and snowy, and fear getting seasonal affective disorder (ie Winter Depression) as much as I fear getting skin cancer in Texas. I will definitely miss wearing shorts in November and BBQing throughout the year. I hope all 20 of you guys are half as cool as my med school friends.
Peace out."
Anyways I am starting ER at Dallas Methodist next week. Anyone know anything about ER? Any books I should carry on me?
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Anita did ER there, but you probably already knew that.
Books? I didn't do much of anything for ER....
glad you updated your blog. that's cool that everyone introduced themselves in your program. i'm sure you'll adjust fine in the cold weather (you'll just have to go shop for more winter clothes :) ). Isn't it crazy that we're gonna be interns in a few months?
for ER, I didn't carry any books either. I went online a lot.
That's pretty cool that you know a little about your future classmates; at this point, I have NO idea who the other 41 people with me are.
For ER, I'd recommend bringing the PDA in case you needed to look up a drug or two, but most times I went online to look things up.
Post a Comment