I finished 2 wks of inpatient service at Cooks. It was the best time I have had my entire time here during Peds. The new hospital wing has a Castle Theme, the lobby and the pt rooms look like castle walls. When I walked into the lobby I felt like I walked into a fairy tale , everything is so shiny, the glass and windows and when I looked up from the lobby to the ceiling there were bright sky lights. Everything at Cooks is so efficient and all the Peds Dr.s & nurses are super nice. I saw some of the cutest kids there. Cook's is where I also actually Learned. I mean I gave formal presentations of my patients, followed their labs, care, orders, ect. I got to interview my patients in the ER. I saw a CT of cysticercosis- Pork tape worm cyst.
O but now back to PCC- where slowness, inefficiency, and no learning occurs. After my enjoyable experience at Cook's, I tried talking myself into liking Peds. The more I thought about it, the more I believe that I can't endure a 3 year residency in Peds. Ah well :)
Just for laughs check out this website: specifically : "medical hierarchy" and "12 types of medical speciality sterotypes" comics from the same person who came up with "12 types of med students" This site always gives me the chuckles. ;)
http://theunderweardrawer.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment